Also, the Web will be able to know all the services requested by the users, so that they will be able to facilitate or to offer information adapted to the tastes and preferences of each user.
Typology, purpose and functioning of Cookies
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into “Session Cookies” or “Persistent Cookies”. The first ones expire when the user closes the browser. The latter expire depending on whether the purpose for which they are used is fulfilled (for example, so that the user remains identified in the Services) or when they are deleted manually.
In addition, Cookies can be classified as follows, depending on their purpose:
- Performance Cookies: This type of Cookie remembers your preferences for the tools found in the services, so you don’t have to reconfigure the service each time you visit. As an example, in this typology are included:
- Volume settings of video or sound players.
- The video transmission speeds that are compatible with your browser.
- Geo-location Cookies: These cookies are used to find out what country you are in when you request a service. This Cookie is completely anonymous, and is only used to help direct content to your location.
- Log Cookies: Log Cookies are generated once a user has registered or subsequently logged in, and are used to identify the user in the services for the following purposes:
- Keep the user identified so that, if you close a service, the browser or computer and at some other time or another day returns to enter the service, will remain identified, thus facilitating navigation without having to re-identify. This functionality can be deleted if the user clicks the “close session” functionality, so that this Cookie is deleted and the next time you enter the service the user will have to log in to be identified.
- Check if the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
- Analytic Cookies: Each time a User visits a service, a tool from an external provider (Google Analytics, Comscore and similar that may be added to this list in case they vary from the current ones) generates an analytical Cookie on the user’s computer. This Cookie that is only generated in the visit, will serve in next visits to the Services of the Web to identify of anonymous form the visitor. The main objectives are pursued:
- To allow the anonymous identification of the navigating users through the “Cookie” (it identifies navigators and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate accounting of the number of visitors and their tendency in time.
- Identify anonymously the most visited content and therefore more attractive to users.
- To know if the user that is accessing is new or repeats visit.
Important: Unless the user decides to register for a Web service, the “Cookie” will never be associated with any personal data that can identify you. These cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help to optimize the experience of users on the site.
- ComScore: http://www.comscore.com/esl/Sobre-comScore/Politica-de-privacidad?cs_edgescape_cc=EN
- Google Analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
- Advertising Cookies: This type of “Cookies” allows you to extend the information of the advertisements displayed to each anonymous user in the Web Services. Among others, it stores the duration or frequency of display of advertising positions, interaction with them, or browsing patterns and / or compartments of the user as they help to form a profile of advertising interest. In this way, they allow to offer advertising related to the interests of the user.
- Third-party advertising cookies: In addition to the advertising managed by the Web in its Services, the Web offers its advertisers the option of serving ads through third parties (“AdServers”). In this way, these third parties can store Cookies sent from the Web Services from the Users’ browsers, as well as access the data stored in them.
The companies that generate these cookies have their own privacy policies. Currently, the Web uses the platform of Real Media and Weborama to manage these services:
For further information, please contact us:
- Real Media: http://www.realmedia.com/en us/pages/privacy_policy.html
- Weborama: http://www.weborama.com/e-privacy/our-commitment/
Disabling Cookies in Major Browsers
It is normally possible to stop accepting browser Cookies, or to stop accepting Cookies from a particular Service.
All modern browsers allow you to change cookie settings. These settings are usually found at ¨opciones¨ or ¨preferencias¨ in your browser’s menu. You can also configure your browser or email manager, as well as install free plug-ins to prevent Web Bugs from being downloaded when you open an email.
The Web offers guidance to the User on the steps to access the cookie configuration menu and, where appropriate, private browsing in each of the main browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools – > Internet Options – > Privacy – > Settings.
For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or the browser Help.
- Firefox: Tools – > Options – > Privacy – > History – > Custom settings.
- Chrome: Settings – > Show advanced options – > Privacy – > Content settings.
- Safari: Preferences – > Security.
For more information, see Apple Support or Browser Help.
Third Party Information
The third parties with cookies on our website are the following:
|_ga||Analysis||Used to distinguish users||Third party||2 years|
|_gid||Analysis||Used to distinguish users||Third party||24 hours|
|wordpress_||Functionality||Activated during login and saves authentication details||Own||1 year|
|wordpress_logged_in_||Functionality||Activated during login and saves authentication details||Own||1 year|
|wordpress_test_cookie||Functionality||Activated during login and saves authentication details||Own||1 year|
|wp-settings-||Functionality||Used to customize User interface||Own||1 year|
|wp-settings-time-||Functionality||Used to customize User interface||Own||Termination of the session|
|pll_language||Functionality||Polylang is an extension to make WordPress websites multilingual||Own||1 year|
|__smVID||Functionality||Origin of cookie unknown||Third party||2 years|
|__smToken||Functionality||Origin of cookie unknown||Third party||2 years|
This Cookies Policy may be modified in accordance with legislative or regulatory requirements, or with the aim of adapting said policy to the instructions issued by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, for which reason Users are advised to visit it periodically.
When significant changes are made to this Cookies Policy, registered users will be notified either via the website or by e-mail.